- Pandagon — hypocritical hiring/firing practices of the extremist wingnuts
- Pandagon — smart-aleckness about inconsistencies of the strawfeminists the reichwingers are always pointing to, and arguing against
- Pharyngula — sympathy & snark for PZ in his time of tribulation
- At Jesus' General, I point out that some families just aren't deserving of a "flat daddy".
- Keith Olbermann on Rumsfeld & freedom, via Crooks and Liars – definitely a must-see
Here's some of the finer commentary out there on this today, not that there's any shortage of commentary on it.
h/t poputonian @ Hullabaloo
- My thoughts on The Rude Pundit's subtle distinction between cynicism and sarcasm reveal that I tend more towards the sarcastic than the cynical.
- At Think Progress, Sen. Allen still thinks nobody "actually care[s]" about "macaca".
- Remember, you heard it hear first! Kevin Drum quotes David Weigel quoting Kathryn Jean Lopez (a.k.a. J-Lo) quoting Congressional Quarterly (no link, guess we know who's the sloppy one in this crowd!) quoting Jack Reed from a conference call, on Bush's fondness of Islamofascism... I mean, the term "Islamofascism":
And again, I think it goes to the point of that their first response is, you know, come up with a catchy slogan, and then they forget to do the hard work of digging into the facts and coming up with a strategy and resources that will counter the actual threats we face.
- Glenn Greenwald talks about the overuse of the Neville Chamberlain–appeasement slur, which leads me to think we need another corrolary to Godwin's Law:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Neville Chamberlain approaches one. Once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned Chamberlain has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress.