Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Workin' it: Answered

Over at TPM, Josh Marshall asks:

When Mitt Romney says that it was "hard work" that got John McCain all those houses that he got for marrying Cindy Hensley, what does he mean exactly?

I believe George W. Bush said it best, during the Sep. 30 debate in 2004:

You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can.... I told her after we prayed and teared up and laughed some that I thought her husband's sacrifice was noble and worthy.

Incidentally, that was occurrence number eight of eleven that night, of the phrase "hard work". Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Sporkey said...

Oh, c'mon. It must be hard work to be married to a pill-poppin' beer heiress who's a fair bit younger than you are. I mean, he has to be nice to her, or she'll leave.

Maybe it's hard work cleaning her cage? I can't imagine he wants to let her out a lot.