Tuesday, October 07, 2003

He doesn't care about "nuances"

Is Bush's Freudian slip showing?

I mean this town is a -- is a town full of people who like to leak information. And I don't know if we're going to find out the senior administration official. Now, this is a large administration, and there's a lot of senior officials. I don't have any idea. I'd like to. I want to know the truth. That's why I've instructed this staff of mine to cooperate fully with the investigators -- full disclosure, everything we know the investigators will find out. I have no idea whether we'll find out who the leaker is -- partially because, in all due respect to your profession, you do a very good job of protecting the leakers. But we'll find out. (emphasis added)

Could that be interpreted as meaning "we'll disclose everything the investigators would find out anyway"? Seems like a reasonable take to me, though I'm sure it's not what was consciously intended.

No comments: